1. Stick to a sleep schedule. Go to bed and get up at the same time you regularly do.
2. Pay attention to what you eat and drink. Don’t go to bed hungry or stuffed – your discomfort may keep you up. Nicotine, caffeine and alcohol can take hours to wear off and wreak havoc on quality sleep.
3. Stick to your bedtime ritual. Do the same things as you do each night to wind down before bed.
4. Get comfortable. Create a cool, dark and quiet room that is ideal for sleeping.
5. Limit daytime naps. Long daytime naps can interfere with your nighttime sleep.
6. Be active. Regular physical activity can promote better sleep, helping you fall asleep faster and enjoy a deeper sleep.
7. Manage stress. When your mind is still going and thinking about your to do list, your sleep will likely suffer.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!