White-Wilson Medical Center

White-Wilson Medical Center has been an integral part of Florida's Emerald Coast for over 70 years.


Dr. Henry C. White was a health care pioneer in Fort Walton Beach.

In 1946, he opened the first doctor's office in a house on Brooks Street. He and his family lived upstairs so he could be on call 24 hours a day. Dr. White recognized there was still a need for expansion to be able to provide complete care for his patients. So he added a laboratory, diagnostic x-ray, surgery and a few hospital beds to his clinic.

In 1952, his medical school classmate and friend, Dr. Joseph C. Wilson, joined Dr. White and the foundation of White-Wilson Medical Center was formed. In 1977, the clinic built a facility on Mar Walt Drive, which still operates as the main campus for White-Wilson Medical Center today. During the following years, satellite practices opened in Destin, Niceville, and Navarre.

Watch our video to learn more about White-Wilson's humble beginnings!